Rosie Perez

 Rosie Perez was born in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City She was the daughter of Lydia Perez and Ismael Serrano Merchant marine. She is of Puerto Rican descent. Rosie has graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood in Queens, New York. She then enrolled at Los Angeles City College. Rosie Perez was just starting her second year of college and about to return to New York. Her friends had thrown her the opportunity to have a party to celebrate. Spike Lee offered her a part in his film Do the Right Thing (1989). She accepted. It would be her first major role in acting. She was then nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless, 1993). (She was defeated by Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). The majority of the critique I received early on in my career came from the Latin community. They would take me out for lunch and say, "Can I go and learn lessons to lessen my accent?" Or, "When it's a talk show, how do you not be so funny? People gave me so much crap about my voice, and I tried. I tried my best to alter my voice but it was not the way I spoke. Thank God, my octaves decreased as became older. Boxing is about conquering your fears. It's more about fighting for your own rights. Floyd Mayweather could get punched - like clean shot down the middle to his face - and he'd not even flinch. I know what he's doing. (Who has mentioned Don Cornelius's fascination with her dancing]: Don Cornelius was not interested in watching me perform. I was dancing hip-hop, which was an entirely different style from Californians. They had no idea about hip-hop dancing and only was aware of popping and locking. Don was like "No No, no. You're a girl." I was like"What? It's very bizarre. This is really weird.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Noah Cyrus

Amber Lancaster